Helicon Remote - optimal tethered shooting solution for Canon and Nikon cameras
Helicon Remote allows you to tether your Canon or Nikon DSLR camera to a computer or a mobile device and automates focus (DoF) bracketing, exposure bracketing (HDR), and time lapse photography. It can even combine all these methods together! See it in action in our video tutorials.
Please have a look at the main use cases of Helicon Remote and choose which ones will fit the best into your usual workflow:
1. Tethered capture of images and video - shoot remotely to automate the whole process, control all the camera settings remotely even in the most awkward camera position and view angle, minimize camera shaking and make perfectly sharp and precise shots.
2. Focus bracketing - set up your camera, tether it to your computer or telephone, adjust the camera settings and let it make a series of shots with focus shifting from shot to shot to be stacked into a fully-focused image.
3. Exposure bracketing - take a series of shots with different exposure for further merging into a high dynamic range (HDR) image.
4. Time lapse - adjust the settings and let your camera make series of shots with the set time interval and see how your object is being changing over time.
5. Burst shooting - control high-speed shooting from your computer or telephone - set the number of shots or just press the Start and Stop buttons.
6. Burst focus bracketing - set the camera on macro rails and combine burst shooting mode with focus bracketing to get a series of incrementally focused images made with minimum time interval.
Helicon Remote allows to use any combination of focus, exposure bracketing and time lapse shooting.
Helicon Remote also allows wi-fi tethered shooting. Please check the list of supported wi-fi cameras here.
Another very useful feature of Helicon Remote for mobile devices is geotagging - travel around and make the shots, meanwhile info on your current GPS coordinates and shooting direction will be included to the image metadata.
Helicon Remote can also control StackShot macro rails and Trinamic stepper motors, devices typically used for focus (DoF) bracketing in macro, extreme macro and micro photography.
Helicon Remote is available for Windows, Mac, Android 4.0.3+ and iOS. Helicon Remote supports all modern Canon and Nikon DSLRs (please check the full list here).
I do mostly macro and finally found a program that gives me all I need. I most like the ability of having a bigger screen to look at when focusing and another is the option to bracket up to 15 allowing for HDR photos as well. But having the option to focus stack is freaking awesome and opens up the macro world in all sorts of new ways. Go to their site and pay for the unlimited edition for droid and you wont regret it.from Google Play reviews