Helicon FB Tube On iPhone7 With Canon 70D + Canon Macro 100mm F2.8 Lens

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
Vince A

Helicon FB Tube On iPhone7 With Canon 70D + Canon Macro 100mm F2.8 Lens

Post by Vince A »

Hey-o. My first visit to this forum. I'm grateful for any advice/insight any experienced user or trouble-shooter can lend.

The title of the post lists the equipment I am working with.

Here's my challenge: when I program the app on my iPhone 7 then connect the lanyard to the tube port, the green lights blinks as described in the FB Tube instructions, Step 7. Next, when I set up a test shot, I'm not getting the focus steps forward; in other words, it is "X" number of identical shots. With this equipment combination, what should I be doing either in the iPhone app or in the camera's menu settings, to enable the image focus stepping?

Thanks in advance,

Vince A
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Helicon FB Tube On iPhone7 With Canon 70D + Canon Macro 100mm F2.8 Lens

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Does the led on the tube flash green at each shot?
Please set the lens AF switch to AF position, camera drive mode to AF-one shot, set the focus range switch of the lens to Full.
Just for the sake of experiment enter 100 in the Recommended step window of the configuration app (don't press Save), set direction to To infinity, send these settings to the tube. Then focus on the initial shooting point making sure that it's in the beginning of the range and the focus has possibility to advance, and watch the focus distance window during shooting to see if you can see the lens making focus steps towards infinity.
Vince A

Re: Helicon FB Tube On iPhone7 With Canon 70D + Canon Macro 100mm F2.8 Lens

Post by Vince A »

Stas: thank you for your reply. I will follow your guidance then get back to you soonest.

Vince A.