Helicon FB Tube is an extension tube with integrated electronic microcontroller designed to enable automated focus bracketing in single or continuous shooting modes. Mounted on the camera in the same way as a usual macro extension tube, Helicon FB Tube automatically shifts the focus by one step with each shot thus producing a stack of images of unlimited length that can be rendered into a fully-focused image.
Helicon FB Tube needs no additional hardware apart from conventional cameras and lenses. Its functionality allows to completely replace macro rails normally used for focus bracketing. Helicon FB Tube has no optics and does not affect image quality.
Helicon FB Tube settings are configured through an additional application for Android or iOS.
Helicon FB Tube set
Helicon FB Tube Set contains Helicon FB Tube, transmitter and extension cable.
- Helicon FB Tube
- IR Receiver – IR port to get configuration information
- LED Indicator – Red/Green light to show status of the tube
- Protective Caps – protect the tube from dust
- IR Transmitter – connects to 3.5 mm audio port of a smartphone and sends commands to IR Receiver on the tube.
- Extension cable – can be connected between smartphone and IR Transmitter
Two types of Helicon FB Tube are available: for Canon DSLRs and for Nikon DSLRs.
- Canon/Nikon DSLR with EF-mount
- Autofocus lenses with internal motor
- Android or iOS device with 3.5mm audio output