Poor performance with windows 10

Report bugs and get support here

Moderator: Stas Yatsenko

Milou

Poor performance with windows 10

Unread postby Milou » 08.08.2016 18:09

Hi,

I used an older HF version on my 6 years old single core notebook with on board graphics and found the performance to be ok. Now I'm with the newest version (5.6.2) at my 8-core Acer Aspire V Nitro high performance notebook with separate graphics card and the performance is so extremely poor that I have to wait seconds even if I just change the filter without any operation. Is there any known issue with windows 10?

Stas Yatsenko

Re: Poor performance with windows 10

Unread postby Stas Yatsenko » 09.08.2016 11:52

We would like to examine and fix this issue. What kind of file do you process? Do you open files from network environment? Usually slowdown is linked to delays in file system or with processing RAW files. We would appreciate if you provide us more details. Please contact our support (support@heliconsoft.com), we will send you a beta version to test.

Milou

Unread postby Milou » 14.08.2016 14:29

Hi,

well, I process standard SLR (Canon 60D) JPG-Images with 18 MP that are stored directly on the notebook.

The main problem is, that e.g. even using 6 cores processing of images takes up to 10 sec. per image for simple operations like noise removal (the notebook has 16 GB memory). Furthermore, without changing any settings, just by switching between the tabs, it takes 3 to 5 seconds to build up the tab in the gui. I don't know, which framework and programming language you used for HF but I have never seen this behavior with other programs (e.g. with DXO the tabs in the gui appear instantaneously after clicking). I can send you videos if you like, to get an idea of what happens.

Milou

Unread postby Milou » 14.08.2016 19:07

Hmmm ... meanwhile I got the big Windows 10 update (a few hours ago). Additionally (in parallel) I changed settings for the graphics. Now HF runs with significant higher performance. Even if it is not perfect, it is (at the moment) definitely acceptable. Nevertheless, with other programs I never had problems like this, i.e. it is (in my opinion) not only an issue of Windows 10 or graphics settings of the notebook.

I would say, that for me the problem is currently solved/fixed (maybe until the next Windows 10 update :( ). Nevertheless, I can send you the videos.

Best regards.

Stas Yatsenko

Unread postby Stas Yatsenko » 16.08.2016 16:13

Thanks! You can upload your video to our server as described at http://www.heliconsoft.com/ftp-server/

Return to “Helicon Filter: Bugs and Support”