Helicon Remote

Helicon Filter: Want new feature? Suggest it here

Moderator: Stas Yatsenko

andyptak

Helicon Remote

Unread postby andyptak » 03.11.2011 14:31

I shoot hotels and resorts and would love to be able to use Remote for my work, but I use Sony a900. Is a version for this in the works, or can I pay for a customized version? Thanks.

Stas Yatsenko

Re: Helicon Remote

Unread postby Stas Yatsenko » 04.11.2011 12:24

As far as we know Sony SDK does not support control over lens so we do not plan to support it so far.

I would recommend you to look at StackShot macrorails, maybe it is compatible with your camera. More info you will find here: http://www.heliconsoft.com/steppers.html

andyptak

Unread postby andyptak » 04.11.2011 19:02

Thanks for the reply.

I realize that you don't work for Stackshot, but I figure you know a lot more than I do, so... what I want to do is blend focus from front to back of an image with a building - very, very long depth of field - and it looks like Stackshot is for macro work, travelling just a short distance along the rail.

I can do it manually, I know, but I'm always concerned of minute camera movement as I change focus several times and that is why an automated procedure through the USB seemed a perfect answer.

Thanks again.

Stas Yatsenko

Unread postby Stas Yatsenko » 07.11.2011 11:26

The only idea that comes to my mind is to couple StackShot with the focusing right of your lens. This will allow you to control focus by rotating the focusing ring.

Return to “Helicon Filter: Suggestions and improvements”