Android 4.0

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
pixel_dave

Android 4.0

Post by pixel_dave »

Hi.

will android remote work OK on Android 4.0 on a MIPS architecture Ingenic XBurst JZ4770 CPU based machine like the Novo7 ?

It might be a daft question but when I just had a go with the trial version of Helicon remote it save all of the photos to my laptop. Is there anyway they can be saved on the camera instead.

Thanks
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Android 4.0

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Do you have this device?

There are 3 options for handling shots. You can either copy them to the tablet (having the same shot both on the tablet and in the camera), move to the tablet (default mode - that's why you don't see your shots in the camera) or leave in the camera without copying. You can set the desired mode in the preferences (Preferences->Canon tab ->Download images after shooting). Images can only be stored in the camera if you have memory card installed, of course.
pixel_dave

Post by pixel_dave »

Hi

no I don't have that device (The Novo7) but I was thinking of getting a 7" or 8" tablet for use in the field. The other one I was looking at was the Archos 80 G9 which runs on an Arm processor and Honeycomb. I'll mostly be using the tablet for taking focus stacks with a Canon 40D.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

MIPS architecture most probably will not work. ARM should not make any problems. But please note that Canon 40D does not support remote Live View and is not compatible with Helicon Remote. You can check this by installing Helicon Remote on Mac or Windows.
pixel_dave

Post by pixel_dave »

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

Helicon remote (Trial) worked fine on my Windows 7 Netbook connected to my Canon 40D. The live view image appeared in Helicon Remote and I was happily taking stacks using the software. It's just that my netbook isn't as easy to use in the field as a tablet would be.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Thanks for the update. I am surprised 40D is fully functional. According to Canon docs Live View appeared in 50D first.
JDize

Post by JDize »

I just got a Coby 9.7 tablet with Android 4.0 cannot find a location to download Helicon Remote no ohone in tablet so play.google is not an option at least it does not let me download the script. HELP!
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Are you saying you don't see Helicon Remote in Android market? If so - your tablet doesn't have hardware features required to run Remote.
pixel_dave

Post by pixel_dave »

Same here. I finally purchased an Android tablet just for using Helicon Remote and I can't download it as it says it's not compatible!!!!!

Another Android app for capturing works fine. I have a 7 inch NATPC M009S 8GB running Android ICS 4 1.6ghz processor
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

If you have root access and have enabled installing applications from unknown sources you can download this APK-file to your tablet and "run" it to install: http://www.heliconsoft.com/downloads/HeliconRemote.apk
pixel_dave

Post by pixel_dave »

You are my hero Stas!!! :D

Many thanks

Dave
pixel_dave

Post by pixel_dave »

Hio Stas

just so you know, the program doesn't see the camera at all. It works great on my windows netbook but not on the NATPC M009S Android Tablet running Android 4. Maybe it's a USB driver issue on the Tablet.

Dave