Helicon Focus 5.2.9.3 for Windows won't open

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
davidehaas383

Helicon Focus 5.2.9.3 for Windows won't open

Post by davidehaas383 »

I just downloaded Helicon Focus 5.2.9.3 for Windows and it did not open the program after the install. I cannot get it to open using the shortcut or from within the programs folder. I uninstalled an earlier version from several years ago, but that made no difference. I've paid for a 1 year license and cannot even open the program. We're not off to a very good start!!!!
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Helicon Focus 5.2.9.3 for Windows won't open

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

1. Make sure that you have admin rights when installing and uninstalling Helicon Focus. Installation is not possible under Guest account.

2. Uninstall current version of Helicon Focus. Then please delete "C:\Program Files (x86)\Helicon Software\Helicon Focus" folder manually.

You may also delete "C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Local\Helicon\Focus " folder which contains settings and registration info.

3. Download and install this version of Helicon Focus:
http://www.heliconsoft.com/downloads/He ... usBeta.exe
davidehaas383

Post by davidehaas383 »

Thanks for your rapid response. I tried all of your suggestions but it still doesn't work. I know it's not an administrative issue because Helicon Remote and 3D viewer are installed. Helicon Remote appears to work, Helicon 3D viewer opens and shows the following dialog boxes:

(1) Some settings are not defined. Please run the program from the Helicon Focus to initialize language and some other parameters. OK

(2) Internal error! Access violation at address 75D021DC in module 'Secur32.dll'. Read address 0000000C

Helicon Focus still fails to open.

Additionally, none of the versions of Helicon Focus that I have tried to install have properly un-installed. The process starts but shows no activity in the progress bar. Ultimately I have to restart my machine and at that point the short cuts are gone so I'm assuming that the program is un-installed.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

We will send you a newer beta for tests on you email.