Wish list for Helicon Filter v.5

Helicon Filter: Want new feature? Suggest it here

Moderator: Stas Yatsenko

Re: Wish list for Helicon Filter v.5

Unread postby Volkmar » 20.09.2011 22:34

I got a new Camera, an Olympus Xz-1 with I can get great shots anyway.

The .orf RAW-files that come out of the Cam will show up in Adobe conversion fine, but I like to get the native way with the Camera supplied by your native Embedded RAW Converter with the extras, like Use Camera white balance and White balance and exposure as on Thumbnail.

The Camera is the Olympus XZ-1.

It would be very friendly if you could imagine and ad this Camera to your Embedded RAW converter.

Thank you very much for listening.

Yours sincerely

Volkmar
Volkmar

Unread postby jpmccormac » 21.09.2011 03:15

Hi,

I have an Olympus XZ-1 also. The .ORF RAW files open fine in my version - Helicon Filter 5.0.21. I set the RAW preference (Ctrl-K) > RAW > DCRAW > White Balance from Camera. Hope this helps.
jpmccormac

Unread postby Stas Yatsenko » 22.09.2011 10:15

Thanks, we will keep this in mind.
Stas Yatsenko

Unread postby Volkmar » 26.09.2011 17:18

Thank you jpmccormac, dcraw helps a lot.
I could get rid of the ugly lens correction that is used in Adobe DNG converter (which is unfortunately used in Camera processing for the jpg's also).
And thanks to dcraw I now have an awesome picture without the unneeded lens correction (because the lens itself is totally awesome and draws very nice) and for my pleasure I have around 180.000 pixels more !!! too. :mrgreen:

Thank you Stas for your support. :D

Edit:
Now I'm using an additional Canon S70, an old cam with RAW support, and must admit that the colours are right as original with a slight more resolution with the embedded Converter as ooc pics. Very nice.

So I am looking forward to the embedded XZ-1 conversion. The colours may be spot on ... well, will see. :D
Volkmar

Unread postby Volkmar » 02.02.2013 23:52

Hey Guys I may thank you again for your nice work on Helicon Filter. It runs very smooth on Win 8 and I like the raster in the Noise Reduktion level to suppress only the color level that is disturbing. :D

And I love you for supporting the .dng files for Ricoh Cameras in dcraw with the right colors as well.

Happy greetings,
Volkmar
Volkmar

Unread postby Stas Yatsenko » 05.02.2013 12:02

Thanks!
Stas Yatsenko

Unread postby x3f » 02.10.2013 02:46

Can you add layers and blend modes like photoshop?
Also, ability to fill a blank layer like photoshop?
I use Sigma and Fuji gear, which is X3F and RAF files.
Your software reads the files! Thanks!!
At the moment, I'm angry that photoshop is now subscription and found your software by way of DP Review forums.
I'm hoping that Helicon Filter V.5 will continue evolving.
x3f

Unread postby Stas Yatsenko » 03.10.2013 12:24

We do not want Helicon Filter to overload with layers. This would complicate interface greatly.

If you are processing single image you can apply filters one after another which is equivalent of adjustment layers in PS.

And if you want to combine several image, we have a program which is optimized for this - Helicon Montage (included into Helicon Filter installation).

Your feedback with respect to your PS experience is appreciated!
Stas Yatsenko

Previous

Return to Helicon Filter: Suggestions and improvements