ipad

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
triplequak

ipad

Post by triplequak »

hello,

i read older threads about helicon remote and the ipad ... are there any news for that? Since the iPad is wonderful hardware and has a great big screen it would be perfect to use it with helicon remote. So there would be no need to go out with my MacBook Pro and carry it around all day.

regards,
triple
Stas Yatsenko

Re: ipad

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

We are digging in this direction. There are two major obstacles: a) on iOS we can only use low level interface to camers which is not documented, b) use of USB on iPod is tricky if allowed at all.
vesna

Post by vesna »

Further to the question, will you be looking at having Remote run on an Android based tablet (Galaxy Tab, Zoom, etc..)?
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Yes, we also plan to port it to Android platform.
vesna

Post by vesna »

Do you have a road-map / time frame when you will be doing this. I am currently looking to get a tablet for myself for my work and would like to make sure that the one I get will allow Remote and Focus to run properly.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Right now we are testing iPad2 with Nikon cameras because Nikon has documented low-level API. I cannot give you exact time because many unexpected things may appear on our way.
OLH

Post by OLH »

Don't forget the use of the stackshot in no camera mode. I would love to command the stackshot/motors direcly from the Ipad even without camera connected so maybe it's easier to do for you because it needs only the command part no picture part... and it seems that the stackshot is quite documented ...
vbirder

Post by vbirder »

Any update on an Helicon Focus iPad app? I'd love to have an iPad or iPhone app to control my Canon Rebel T3i.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

No news on iPad version, sorry. OS does not allow to use USB port to 3rd party applications. The only hope is the next (and more liberal) version of iOS. We published a beta of Android version already so you may try it right now.
apmadoc

Post by apmadoc »

Take a look at OnOne softwares DSLR Remote. It works with IOS, not sure if it allows for everything you need with Helicon....
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

DSLR Remote does not work directly with the camera. You need a laptop with USB cable connected to camera. So iPad is wi-fi-connected to laptop, laptop usb-connected to camera.
RzB

Post by RzB »

I too have an iPad2 and I agree it would be a great platform for this application.

It's really unfortunate that Apple have made this device so restricted - so many things get me gnashing my teeth and pulling my hair out.

I'm totally fed up with it, it's going to eBay soon, and will be replaced by an Android tablet. I have no idea if that will be any better, but at least Flash in a browser will work :-) Oh - and Helicon Remote.

RzB