Camera won't fire flash

Report bugs and get support here

Moderator: Stas Yatsenko

Camera won't fire flash

Unread postby BobCoates » 12.03.2011 23:10

I am working on a MACbook pro with 10.5.8 and Canon 5d mark 2 and the HeliconRemote software will fire the camera but will not fire flash. If I physically push the shutter button the flash will fire when not connected to the software, but when using the Remote software with either a remote flash trigger in the hot shoe or with a sync cord connection it will not fire my flash but will fire the camera... When I used the remote trigger that comes with stackshot the flash fires when the camera is triggered.

Question 2 how do you change the duration in between camera activations using HeliconRemote? Thank you, Bob
BobCoates

Re: Camera won't fire flash

Unread postby Stas Yatsenko » 14.03.2011 11:43

BobCoates wrote:I am working on a MACbook pro with 10.5.8 and Canon 5d mark 2 and the HeliconRemote software will fire the camera but will not fire flash. If I physically push the shutter button the flash will fire when not connected to the software, but when using the Remote software with either a remote flash trigger in the hot shoe or with a sync cord connection it will not fire my flash but will fire the camera... When I used the remote trigger that comes with stackshot the flash fires when the camera is triggered.

Do you have Canon flash? If not, try to set "Disable Live View during shooting". I've also heard that there is a way to disable such behaviour by changing camera settings, some of our users mentioned this in our forum.

BobCoates wrote:Question 2 how do you change the duration in between camera activations using HeliconRemote?

Sorry, I do not understand you question, please reformulate.
Stas Yatsenko

Unread postby BobCoates » 14.03.2011 19:20

Thanks Stas, I will look for the disable live view during shooting function on the camera. I am not using a canon flash. Firing studio strobes... On the 2nd question I was loking to find out how to pause the camera for a longer period of time between exposures to allow flash to recycle completely but have found those settings in the preferences window. Thanks for your prompt response.
BobCoates

Unread postby Stas Yatsenko » 16.03.2011 12:11

Great. I am not sure but there could be a workaround for non-Canon flashes without disabling Live View. Let me know if you figure this out.
Stas Yatsenko

Return to Helicon Filter: Bugs and Support