Possible suggestion for the new Mac version of HF

Helicon Filter: Want new feature? Suggest it here

Moderator: Stas Yatsenko

colm

Possible suggestion for the new Mac version of HF

Unread postby colm » 11.05.2010 04:37

Firstly - I use Helicon Remote on a PC Notebook, to obtain the image stack from a Canon EOS 5D II. I photograph mainly flower specimens ('rare' Australian natives), and then transfer the images in RAW format to a Mac, which runs Helicon Focus v4.2.1 for a Mac, to process the images. I have difficulty sometimes obtaining the closest focussing point, using HR controls (the <,<<,<<< buttons do not work at all), but using a microscope eyepiece on the camera and manual lens focus - prior to connecting the camera, usually works well. Usually I have to experiment with the number of images used in Helecon Focus to obtain what I consider to be the "optimal image" i.e. one which does not require retouching. I would find it very useful if it were possible to include in the new version of the Mac HF an indication of the number of images processed in the final image. e.g. Instead of "Focus Result (B, 8, 4)" something like "Focus Result (43i, B, 8, 4)". I'm not sure how useful this would be to others - but it would certainly help me in obtaining quality prints.
Cheers - keep up your good work on the Helicon products.

Stas Yatsenko

Re: Possible suggestion for the new Mac version of HF

Unread postby Stas Yatsenko » 11.05.2010 13:46

Thanks for the suggestions.

"<<" buttons: do they fail only in the macro range or they do not work at all? Do ">>" buttons work fine?

colm

Unread postby colm » 20.01.2011 00:23

Thanks Stas - sorry for the long delay in responding. Have been out of action. My problem with the 100mm macros lens was the lens itself - It was an older version, which has now been replaced by the newer version - which works fine. I tried to use it today with Helicon Remote on my notebook (running Windows XP Home), but yesterday I had downloaded a 'new' version of Helicon Focus - Helicon remote no longer seems to work. I'm hoping others have had the same problem. Any ideas? If there's any change in the situation I'll respond (quickly). Cheers Colm

Stas Yatsenko

Unread postby Stas Yatsenko » 21.01.2011 12:00

New fixed version will be published very soon.

Return to “Helicon Filter: Suggestions and improvements”