Remote software not working

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
ladamache

Re: Remote software not working

Post by ladamache »

Hi Stas

This is a preliminary report so you know what is happening.

1. This is a self-extracting file, however, after extracting the program runs but the extracted version is not saved to disk. So, I need to extract the file each time I use it.

2. The new version works with my 1DS3 - Yeh!!

3. I needed to re-install each time to make it work after it reported a "Live View Not Supported" message.

I will let you know how it goes after I've spent some time using the new version.

This is very encouraging. Thanks Stas

Larry
KarlR

Post by KarlR »

I am experiencing the same symptoms with my 1DS m3 using an almost identical software configuration. The major difference is my laptop which is running XP-PRO SP 3. Remote (version 1.21 release 2 Sept 2010) fails on both the laptop and the desktop (Vista Business X64). The camera functions correctly with both EOS Utility and Breeze Systems DSLR Remote Pro.

What actions can I take to correct the problem?
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

We are now developing 2.0 version which is completely redesigned version. I expect it to be ready in several weeks.
KarlR

Post by KarlR »

Stas What's the status of Version 2.0 of Remote?

Karl
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Karl,

Windows version is in the stable state, the latest version is here: http://www.heliconsoft.com/downloads/HeliconRemote.zip
You need to unpack it into Helicon Focus folder so that HeliconRemote.exe is located in the same folder as HeliconFocus.exe

We are working now mostly on mac version, I hope we will publish new beta or even release in a week or so.