I have two suggestions

Helicon Filter: Want new feature? Suggest it here

Moderator: Stas Yatsenko

pelu

I have two suggestions

Unread postby pelu » 15.10.2010 19:40

Hello. Yes, I have two suggestions :D

The first is to have the ability to save a project halfway. Let me explain. I photograph a small sample of mineral, I usually use 30 to 40 pictures, then I have a lot of work retouching, viewing frame by frame and copying in the stack details are lost. But this is time consuming and I find interesting the possibility to work today and to continue working tomorrow without leaving the computer running because I can not exit the program until the end.

Another suggestion is the ability to assign transparency to retouch brush. When photographing crystals some images contain details of the inside or what is behind, and other images contain crystal surface details, like faces and edges. If the Retouch brush could "paint" in gray, as is done in Photoshop mask, I could keep the internal and back details and add facets and edges, showing more visually the transparent crystals.

That's all, it is probably difficult to do, but it could be an improvement.

A big salute

Stas Yatsenko

Re: I have two suggestions

Unread postby Stas Yatsenko » 18.10.2010 11:06

Thanks for the suggestions! We will definitely add the possibility to save the project to process it later.

Retouching: you mean that you want to paint with gray pixels from one image, then paint only with brighter pixels from different image?

pelu

Unread postby pelu » 24.10.2010 23:57

No. Sorry for my bad English. Now when I retouch copying parts of a single image to the final image, the copied area is fully copied on the final image and the proposal is that it can be copied to a transparency of 30% ... 60% ... in order that one can see a little the final image before retouching.

In this picture I was expecting better preserve the transparency of the biggest cristal, and finally I have tried to worked it in Photoshop, but the result is no great! :? .
Attachments
0820898001287772571.jpg
0820898001287772571.jpg (82.86 KiB) Viewed 5465 times

Stas Yatsenko

Unread postby Stas Yatsenko » 27.10.2010 20:53

You mean that now the source image is copied with 100% opacity and you want sometimes use other values (30%). We will think about it. We do not like adding too many controls, we are trying to keep the interface as simple as possible.

Return to “Helicon Filter: Suggestions and improvements”