Newby having trouble

Optical microscopes + digital photography
jackal

Newby having trouble

Post by jackal »

Hi

Recently purchased Helicon focus but having some varied results. I would like so much to get somewhere near Charles Krebs as his work is outstanding

Current setup

LPL copy stand
Canon 5D MK11
Novaflex bellows
Biolam compound microscope with 4X 10X 40X plan objectives
LPL enlarger head as brightfield ligth source (I can control background colour also and colour temp)
Also some diy LED lighting

Problems

Halos around hairs
loss of detail
blotching
lighting

equal focus steps
I have to manually focus the microscope each time using the micro focus adjuster which is time consuming and frustrating. Is there a way I could use a stepping motor? or other device. I tried to click Helicon Remote but nothing happens. This seems to me to be the most precarious part of my workflow.

Oh yeah how do I put pic on here?

Cheers
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Newby having trouble

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

We do plan to add support of stepper motor into Helicon Remote. We should have the motor in a week or two and will need some weeks to program and test it. I would appreciate your feedback and testing. We plan to use Trinamic PD3-110-42 motor but the program should work with any Trinamic motors. We will add support for other motor producers later. If you contact us in 4-6 weeks, I will be able to provide you with beta program and information about hardware.

Artifacts: please upload source images (as jpegs) to our server (as described at http://www.heliconsoft.com/ftp.html) so we look into the problem.
jackal

Post by jackal »

Stas Yatsenko wrote:We do plan to add support of stepper motor into Helicon Remote. We should have the motor in a week or two and will need some weeks to program and test it. I would appreciate your feedback and testing. We plan to use Trinamic PD3-110-42 motor but the program should work with any Trinamic motors. We will add support for other motor producers later. If you contact us in 4-6 weeks, I will be able to provide you with beta program and information about hardware.

Artifacts: please upload source images (as jpegs) to our server (as described at http://www.heliconsoft.com/ftp.html) so we look into the problem.

Hi have a little difulculty with Helicon Remote

I click the icon and nothing seems to happen. I have tried with my G9
and Eos 5DMK11. Also have ou got any further with the Stepper moter
progamming,

Thanks

jackal
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

I've sent you some tips on email.