Version for OS X?

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
abkaye

Version for OS X?

Post by abkaye »

When do you expect to have a version of HR for Mac?
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Version for OS X?

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

We do plan to make mac version of Helicon Remote. If everything goes fine, we will have it in the spring.
B White

Post by B White »

Thanks, I just upgraded to Pro ( Mac) hoping to use Remote :(
Pity it is not clear from the web site that it is only PC so far.
I love the software but would have kept the money for the holidays if I had known.
derbazza

Post by derbazza »

It would have been nice to have known this before i bought my version. I am changing from windows PC to mac and did not find anything to suggests that remote was not availible for the mac before I bought (nearly demanded my money back). Hope it is early spring as I do really want to be fully mac compliant by then and say my fond farewell to microsoft and pc's.

Barry
hkb

Post by hkb »

Same story here, bought Helicon Focus Pro and after installation found out Remote is not ther on Mac :-(

Would be nice with info on website about that.

Glad to hear Remote is coming to Mac soon :-)
nsfbr

Post by nsfbr »

Is it possible to get an email notification when Remote is available for OS X? Also, please consider allowing new trial periods for those who downloaded and installed the software expecting to be able to evaluate the software with Remote, only to find afterwards that it does not have this capability. If I had known I would have simply waited, since I do not anticipate purchasing Focus without it.

It looks like interesting software though, just not worth the money without being able to remotely control the camera (D300) during the shooting process.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Sorry, we did not make it clear enough. It was surely not our intention. We will do our best to make the mac vesion ASAP.
BjoernL

Post by BjoernL »

Dear Stas,
a Mac Version ASAP would be great. I've a lot of requests from our costumers to get a demonstration of this feature during our lessons.

Regards,

Björn
FOTOCAMPUS
www.fotocampus.de
kamranab

Post by kamranab »

Helicon focus is amazing. With remote it will be even better if (or when) it is supported for OSX.
I hope that in Remote there will be a "mirror-up" option for Nikon D3, D3X and D300. Somehow Nikon screwed that up and I believe that it could be addressed through the USB port.

I also wish that Helicon Remote would eventually replace the disappointing Nikon Camera Control Pro.

And my last wish is that in Remote all essential commands are accessible through the keyboard (as in Focus). This way any USB device (like the Griffin Powermate) could control the camera.

Best Regards and looking forward to Helicon Remote on Mac.

Kamran
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Good idea. Your suggestions as to shortcuts are welcome! Maybe it is worth starting a new thread to discuss keyboard shortcuts with other photographers?
paterjt

Post by paterjt »

When designing the version of Helicon Remote for Mac OSX, might it also be possible to include the LiveView mode function? This is an option in the Nikon Camera Control 2 program. When my Nikon D700 is tethered to my MacBook Pro, I can't use the live view on the camera, it comes through in the program. This is extremely helpful in focusing and avoiding camera shake.

Thanks so much for creating a version of Helicon Remote for Mac OSX
hkb

Post by hkb »

Stas Yatsenko wrote:Sorry, we did not make it clear enough. It was surely not our intention. We will do our best to make the mac vesion ASAP.
Very happy to hear that, I'm getting very bored by using Remote on a weak netbook