Brightness slider in Helicon focus?

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
paddler

Brightness slider in Helicon focus?

Post by paddler »

Dan,

I can't tell you how much I love this program, thank you so much for creating it.

As I've been playing around with it and the various adjustments I'm having a hard time understanding the function of the brightness slider in the clone window.

If I adjust the slider anywhere other than the default position I get either a dark line or a light line depending on which end of the slide I set it.

There isn't any mention that I can find in the help files to explain what it is for so any help you can give would be appreciated.

What sort of function does it provide?
Dan Kozub

Post by Dan Kozub »

This slider lets you change brightness of pixel during cloning. Set it to be +10 and you will see the result.
paddler

brightness slider

Post by paddler »

Thanks Dan, I understand what it does but I'm not clear on why it is necessary. Even though there have been slight variations in brightness in my images in the stack the results have always been incredible and well-balanced in terms of brightness. I've set it at maximum and at minimum but can't quite figure out what problem it is designed to solve. The other sliders are clear but I've never encountered a situation where the brightness slider adds anything to the image so I've just left it at the default position.

Can you give me an example of a situation with an image that the brightness slider might be used to solve?
Dan Kozub

Post by Dan Kozub »

I agree it is quite rare case but in a couple of my test stacks I found this slider very useful. When you use retouching brush to paint over the halo on the dark background the slightest difference in brighness is very noticable.