HF as image viewer for non destructively edited photos.

Helicon Filter: Want new feature? Suggest it here

Moderator: Stas Yatsenko

HF as image viewer for non destructively edited photos.

Unread postby John Lai » 12.01.2008 03:42

One big advantage with HF is ND (non destructive) editing.

I am looking for is a quick way of viewing these pictures without opening the source file and clicking on SAVE after each original file is open.

I would like to see thumbnails filling the screen for browsing and click on a selected thumbnail for opening it. Then going to full screen and navigate Back or Forward with the arrow key of the keyboard for example. Features like view image full size, zoom in/out, pan etc like any image viewer is welcome.

I understand that opening a ND edited photo takes some time, but HF can display the actual image while the next is being processed (SAVE tab).

In this context, I am reiterating my previous request for Batch ND editing.

John
John Lai

Unread postby Dan Kozub » 14.01.2008 17:00

I would suggest you the followin workflow:

1. You batch process your orignal folder and save the results as small jpegs (1-4mp).
2. You then browse processed jpegs (like big thumbnails) and if you want to open original image, you make it from menu\edit\reprocess original image
Dan Kozub

Unread postby John Lai » 29.01.2008 19:41

Dan Kozub wrote:I would suggest you the followin workflow:

1. You batch process your orignal folder and save the results as small jpegs (1-4mp).
2. You then browse processed jpegs (like big thumbnails) and if you want to open original image, you make it from menu\edit\reprocess original image

All my requests seem to come from my unusual approach to photography.
I do take a lots of photos for architectural documentation purposes and I very rarely post process my pictures for printing.

However, images from digicams need some leveling, sharpening, contrast adjustment to look good. I could batch process all my images and Save As .hf files. But this would take twice of my disc space.

John
John Lai

Return to Helicon Filter: Suggestions and improvements