HF freezes after save

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
Vladimir Blagoderov

HF freezes after save

Post by Vladimir Blagoderov »

I am using Helicon Focus 4.10 on WindowsXP machine. Each time I save resulting image the program stops to respond and I have to close it and start again. I never experienced that with HF 3. Does anybody encountered this problem?

Thanks,

Vlad
Ariel

Post by Ariel »

I didn't notice this.
Fred Kahan

Same freeze after save

Post by Fred Kahan »

With HF Pro 4.10 I have the same freeze problem. After saving, I can only clear the input list from the menu. When I try to clear the output file I get the same freeze reported above. Use of the side action icons has the same freezing effect. The program must be restarted.
fredkahan

Further details on freeze

Post by fredkahan »

I too use Windows XP Pro. My images were D200 were 3872 x 2592 JPGs.
The previous version did not show this problem.
fredkahan

Further observations with freeze

Post by fredkahan »

I have now extended this finding to D200 48 bit Tiffs.
On one accasion, attempts to quit by tapping the upper right hand X, resulted in error messages. The application could only be exited from the task manager.
Dan Kozub

Post by Dan Kozub »

Fred,

We are trying to fix this bug for the last week. So success yet. We cannot reproduce the problem on our computers so we are trying to block suspicious places.

I hope that newer version will work without this problem. We will release it in a week.

Danylo
Vladimir Blagoderov

Post by Vladimir Blagoderov »

>We cannot reproduce the problem on our computers ...

Danilo,

What kind of information/log files do you need?
fredkahan

Hard to reproduce problem!

Post by fredkahan »

This morning, I encountered the freeze problem on my first set (no problem however dismissing the program.)

However, in subsequent runs I have had no further problems! I was also unable to demonstrate the freeze with the set that I had used the previous day. I would endorse Vladimir's suggestion that you tell us what information to report back to you in the event the problem reoccurs.

Dan, I am very pleased with the images that result, regardless of the minor kluges encountered with the program.
masquerade

Crashes nearly in every image

Post by masquerade »

The last two days I was trying to build only one image without success due to the program hanging. Every time it ends an image it crashes (sometimes after saving the resulting image, and I can't retouch)

I've restarted the machine to try the same 24 times today, and the end result is the same. Even I uninstalled HF and reinstalled again.

I'm using an HP machine (Pentium IV HT with 2 GB RAM) with Windows XP Home version 2002 SP 2.

Hope the new release will solve this. I'm frustrated...

Carlos
Dan Kozub

Post by Dan Kozub »

Carlos,

New version will definetely handle very big files (50+ Mp) better. We optimized memory usage, so this should not be a problem.

As to hanging, I hope but not am not sure we fixed it.
masquerade

Post by masquerade »

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your reply. Can I help to fix the problem? When do you expect the new version to be available?

HF is a great program, nicely done and extremely easy to use.

Best regards

Carlos
Dan Kozub

Post by Dan Kozub »

We were able to reproduce the bug so I hope to publish fixed version tomorrow.
Dan Kozub

Post by Dan Kozub »

4.16 version with the bug fixed is on the server
masquerade

Post by masquerade »

Thanks. I will test it again tonight.

Carlos