New User with many problems.

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
HELI4686CON

New User with many problems.

Post by HELI4686CON »

1. I've downloaded and installed the software and the 3D viewer. When I work in Lightroom and try to Edit in .... Helicon Focus OR try to Export to Helicon Focus, the Helicon software does not show up in those action drop down menus like NIK plug-ins do or Mac's own Preview application. Therefore I cannot access the software directly from Lightroom but have to export the image to the desktop and then open Helicon and drag the images there. That is not convenient. Can I not go directly from Lightroom into Helicon ?

2. When I did drag images into Helicon, as above, and tried to save them Helicon did not put the finished image back into Lightroom as many videos seem to say it will do. I had to save it to the desktop and then import the image into Lightroom. Again, not convenient. How to get it into Lightroom ?

3. There are three "saving parameters". I have read postings saying which parameter is better for various situations. Is there a "default" or a normal/average parameter to use in "normal" situations ? One of the options is "depth map pro" but that is only available in the Pro version which I did not buy ?????

4. I installed the 3D viewer but exactly what is that for ? I look at the finished stacked image in Lightroom. When would I need the 3D viewer ?

5. I understand "smoothing" and "radius" in other photo software programs but just how is it supposed to be used in Helicon Focus ?

6. Saving the finished product results in a huge .tiff file, in my test case, 201 MB. Is it possible,and how, to save in a smaller file size ?

If you can help me with these issues I would be very grateful. Thank you.
Stas Yatsenko

Re: New User with many problems.

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

1. The Lightroom plugin doesn't work in Helicon Focus 6.7.2 on Mac. Please install preview of the upcoming Helicon Focus 7.0: https://drive.google.com/open?id=11EFzl ... 2qaeTapYW5

Then run Helicon Focus, go to Preferences -> Integration, press "Uninstall" and then "Install" to update the plugin. That will solve the problem. On top of that, you'll get rendering speed boost from using Focus 7. Please excuse the invisible icons on the tool bar, we're working on that.

2. Will be solved together with 1.

3. I think what you want is File -> Save As (Cmd + S).

4. You don't need the 3D viewer. If you're wondering what it does, do "File -> Export -> Export 3D Model" after rendering a stack.

5. Please see http://www.heliconsoft.com/helicon-focu ... arameters/

6. You were probably saving uncompressed TIFF. Instead, select "TIFF with LZW compression" as the file format in the save dialog.
If it's already compressed, then that's it, no further size reduction is possible for the TIFF files.
HELI4686CON

Post by HELI4686CON »

Thank You.
Madman

Post by Madman »

The link to the 7.0 plugin no longer works. Could you please update it?
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

We sent you a link to new Beta version in a private message.