How to use zoom tool

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
ken johnston

How to use zoom tool

Post by ken johnston »

Hi everyone. I'm looking at the 'Focus Stacking With Helicon Remote' YouTube tutorial. At the 56 second mark, a zoom tool is used, (see attachment) but the tutorial doesn't explain how to access the tool. The help page alluded to using my mouse wheel, but that doesn't seem to do it. Suggestions would be appreciated. Thanx in advance. .. Ken
Attachments
zoom tool in Helicon Remote.png
(1.02 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Stas Yatsenko

Re: How to use zoom tool

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

A single click on the live view image triggers zoom. Mouse wheel also does that, and you can control magnification level with the wheel.
ken johnston

Post by ken johnston »

Mine does that. However, the mouse wheel doesn't alter the degree of magnification. It's either not magnified or it's fully magnified. Is that the intent?
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

It would be the intent if you had a canon camera, now that I think about it. Did you indeed try it with a Canon?
a539jamison

Post by a539jamison »

So you are saying that with a Canon camera (5D Mark IV in my case) there are only 2 live view magnification options – fit to screen (42% in my case) and 5x? I don't understand because other programs (Canon software and Capture One) are able to display intermediate magnifications.