Failure to start shooting. Quits midshooting.

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
Rog Lloyd

Failure to start shooting. Quits midshooting.

Post by Rog Lloyd »

What are some of the reasons why after establishing focus points does the program fail to run after clicking (Start Shooting)? Additionally, if the shooting does start, why does it quit midshooting? Why, when all the parameters are the same, does the program sometimes run and sometimes doesn't? Thank you!
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Failure to start shooting. Quits midshooting.

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

The reason is Canon 60D doesn't like something in the sequence of commands Remote is sending to it. We have one or two ideas to try, but we can't do it ourselves because it only happens with 60D (and maybe 50D), which we don't have. We'd need you (or someone else with 60D who is having the same problem) to test whether our changes solve the problem or not.
Rog Lloyd

Post by Rog Lloyd »

In response, I was sent Helicon_Remote_266_test.exe. When I tried to run it all I got was code and "This program must be run under Win32". I am running OS Lion on my iMac.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Our mistake. We've sent you the right version.
happyDave

Post by happyDave »

Hi Stas,
Yes this is exactly the same problem I'm having but this is on an Andriod. The app stops mid shooting sequence or it wont start after counting back to the "A" point.
Sometimes it just hangs when I tap the DOF button.

I hope you guys can find a solution

regards
Dave
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Hi Dave,

we're looking into the DOF issue. What camera are you using? Can you send a bug report (menu -> Feedback -> Report a bug) next time it stops shooting?
happyDave

Post by happyDave »

Hi Stas,
My camera is a Canon 60D and I've sent a couple of bug reports to Alex about this before, I don't want to keep sending any more at the moment. :shock:

regards
Dave
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Thank you. It's sometimes hard to associate people sending reports with people writing on the forums. Actually, the forum is no place for reporting bugs, it only confuses us and other users and we still end up asking for a bug report.
Mark Willoughby

Post by Mark Willoughby »

Hi Stas,
I have a Canon 60D which has been exhibiting the same issues. I have sent in a few bug reports already, so I'm no concerned about that part. But, I would certainly be willing to try the test changes to see how they go.
Regards Mark
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

if you've sent the reports then we've already replied via e-mail. There's not much sense in posting on the forums, let alone - in a 2 years old thread.
Paulglastra

Post by Paulglastra »

I'm experiencing exactly the same issue with my 60d and Android, i know it's 4 years later but was there a fix found?
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

It's not an issue, it's only a symptom. What exactly happens, and what do you do when it happens?