Confused about Helicon remote by USB vs WiFi

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
philgib

Confused about Helicon remote by USB vs WiFi

Post by philgib »

Hello guys,

I am a real estate agent and I often use a 6 meters telescopic carbon pole for taking "aerial" still pictures, using intensively bracketing for HDR results
I use a gold old D200 (I know...) and I have a good wide angle lense for it, so I have no intention to go to very recent cameras

I can read on the list here http://www.heliconsoft.com/supported-cameras/ that I could use Helicon remote with the D300 if I purchase a wifi adapter

I have an IPAD 2 and a Zenfone 2 for the ground

2 questions please :

- Which wifi adapter would you guy recommend (budget price and fully operational) ?
- Could you please confirm that I could have the full bracketing possiblity using Helicon Remote, or should I simply program the camera for brakceting, and only simply press a continuous trigger from the ground smartphone or Ipad ?
- Could I use the live view from helicon remote on the D300 ?

Many thanks
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Confused about Helicon remote by USB vs WiFi

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

There is only one wireless transmitter for D300 that Helicon Remote supports - Nikon WT-4.

You will have live view and full access to exposure bracketing settings, no setup will have to be done on the camera body. In fact, you'll probably have to turn HDR off in the camera body, I'm not sure if Helicon Remote will work properly otherwise.