Screen image very dark

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
MikeCT

Screen image very dark

Post by MikeCT »

Recently I notice the image on my screen is much darker than the saved version. The screen brightness is maxed out, so I can't get any improvement there. If I use Preferences to set to +1EV the screen goes totally white. Are there any other adjustments I can make?
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Screen image very dark

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

As you've discovered, the brightness boost was broken - it should be fixed in the latest 3.8.5 version. So if you download and install the latest Helicon Remote from our website +1 EV will work.

As for the actual fix, make sure live view exposure simulation is enabled, assuming your camera supports it at all. All Canon cameras support it, but very few Nikons do.
mrose

Post by mrose »

Stas, The website seems to show 3.8.4 as the latest version?
MikeCT

Post by MikeCT »

Stas Yatsenko wrote:As you've discovered, the brightness boost was broken - it should be fixed in the latest 3.8.5 version. So if you download and install the latest Helicon Remote from our website +1 EV will work.

As for the actual fix, make sure live view exposure simulation is enabled, assuming your camera supports it at all. All Canon cameras support it, but very few Nikons do.
I am running 3.8.4. No later version is available.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

It's not being served through auto-update (yet), nor has the text on the site been updated, but if you download HeliconRemote.exe right now it will be version 3.8.6. Call it "pre-release".
MikeCT

Post by MikeCT »

The new version still whites out everything and also flickers continuously. In addition the 'Focussed' button now causes the entire object to show as focussed; it starts at one spot and spreads over the entire object. This is true at all sensitivities and the Adaptive setting. This makes the feature useless for setting the start and end locations.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

That happens only when live view noise averaging is enabled, turn it off for now. We're looking into it right now.
MikeCT

Post by MikeCT »

Stas Yatsenko wrote:That happens only when live view noise averaging is enabled, turn it off for now. We're looking into it right now.
Thanks, that helped.