Can you Upgrade From Android to multi-platform?

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
russellsnr

Can you Upgrade From Android to multi-platform?

Post by russellsnr »

Hi, I can see upgrades for most of the software but can you upgrade from Helicom Remote Android to the Helicon Remote multi-platform
(Windows, Mac, Android, iOS**)?
Many Thanks.
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Can you Upgrade From Android to multi-platform?

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

There is no link on our site but we can send you a custom link if you decide to upgrade. You will need to pay the difference + $5 handling fee.
russellsnr

Post by russellsnr »

Hi, OK thank you please send required payment request. Mr R Webb
russellsnr

Post by russellsnr »

Hi, well In have the app on computer and registered but after trying for hours since last night the app does not see the camera Canon 6D, I have tried with cable (3 differant cables) I have tried wireless. The canon EOS app sees the camera and allows changes to be made wireless but Helicon just sits there with NO CAMERA CONNECTED, yes been into the menu and tried manually, disabled the Canon EOS app, Turned off live view in camera no luck. reset all camera wifi settings and started from scratch, no luck. Connect the camera to three differant Android pads works every time set up in minutes.
Tried to Connect to a windows computer with an AD-HOC connection and through the house wireless connection.
Even had the camera seen by windows and seen by WFT.
Now lost what to do especially as not even a cable connection is seen by Helicon Remote.
Thanks.
Russ

UPDATE. installed HF on a win 10 computer and camera seen straight away with USB connection, tried back on win 7 and the camera is seen by the OS but not HF. Scratches head :?:
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

It's very odd that Windows detects the camera via USB but Helicon Remote does not. Usually this is a sign of a software conflict, i. e. some other software has stolen the camera (connected to it first).

As for wireless connection issues - I can't say what's wrong just by your description, but it's usually a very bad idea to have other camera-control software active (or sometimes even installed, because of background services) on the same device where you're using Remote. Both Smartphone (ad-hoc) mode and EOS Utility (infrastructure) mode work with Helicon Remote. Automatic detection should work, too, but sometimes it doesn't so you may need to specify the camera manually. But give the program half a minute to a full minute to detect the camera.
It may be important for Wi-Fi connection to start the program first and then turn the camera on, not the other way around.
russellsnr

Post by russellsnr »

Hi, Many thanks for the help but I have taken the bull by the horns and doing a complete re-install of Win 7. I did DE_ACTIVATE HR and HS before doing so.
Thanks Again
Russ

Update!! After re-install Win 7 HR found the camera with USB :D
Thankyou.