Helicon remote app with Samsung Galaxy Note 8

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
pfgbel47

Helicon remote app with Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Post by pfgbel47 »

The graphic interface of this app is really great and comfortable to use !
2 questions however:

First question:
Wanting to shoot approximately 80 focus planes with my D800E (47 Mo per shot), I don't see nor find where the files were written in my tablet, if they were written... 'I think they were not !).
Is there a way to guide the files to the inside-installed "additional ext." 64 Go SD Micro memory card and not to the internal memory of the tablet (16 Go only) ?

Second question:
As it was already mentionned before in this forum, it is terribly difficult to get the zoom perform in the corners, there where the most critical focusing has to be set with extreme precison !
Adjusting the focus makes the zoomed area move until it comes out of view on the screen/display, how can the focusing operation be achieved in these circumstances ?

Thanks in advance for your kind help, your software is great, needs only some small fine-tuning, I'm going to use it more and more thanks to the tablet app though it's a long time I regularly use it in studio !

Pol
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Helicon remote app with Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Hi Pol,

I can't say where the pictures are because it depends on the settings. I could say where they are if you sent a bug report (it provides a lot of information, which a simple forum post doesn't). the default path is usually /mnt/sdcard/Pictures. You can go to settings -> Image saving and select or type whatever directory you want to save the images to.

It seems that you can zoom around the corner, but not in the very corner. But the camera body can zoom in the very corner, so there might be an error in Remote. We're looking into it.
pfgbel47

Post by pfgbel47 »

Thank you for your kind reply, Stas !
I found the location of the files, this is resolved on my Notebook.
For reaching the corner of the image with the zoom in oder to fine-tune the focus, I would highly appreciate your comments after you checked the software.
Thanks again,
Pol
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

I've found what the problem with zoom is. It's a camera firmware bug. Zooming corners work as long as you don't set the maximum possible magnification. 1 step lower than max it still works, with the maximum zoom level it doesn't work. That's how the camera body behaves and you can verify that. Remote behaves exactly the same. So, if you need to see that very corner - zoom out 1 step with a pinch zoom gesture.
pfgbel47

Post by pfgbel47 »

Thanks a lot Stas !!
I now understand the 'why' of this strange behaviour...
The simplest way is probably to adjust your framing a bit larger when shooting in order to be sure you can reach any part of the real image !
I know that I'm now going to use this software more than ever... !!!
Pol