Rendering Stackphoto's

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
har4har

Rendering Stackphoto's

Post by har4har »

Dear reader, I bought myself Helicon focus with Helicon Remote. I like to render the files with WIC-support enabled, because the rendering is quicker. First time it said that all files where thumbnail, and I override this by clicking each stack-photo, it then recognizes full-frame. Is there a possibility to work this way, by not-clicking each frame, but to select-all-at-once with one click?
har4har

Re: Rendering Stackphoto's

Post by har4har »

I'm starting to think that my story isn't clear.
When I made a stack of photo's in HeliconRemote, I open the folder with HeliconFocus. When I click the first photo, it kind of extracts the photo, when I click next photo it extracts too (with WIC) and so on. After having clicked all photo's I press the start button and it renders.
My question now is, if it is possible to select all photo's at once so that they extract all.

Please, who can help me?
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

We are trying to reproduce the problem. Can you send a couple of test images to us?

The program should open images in full resolution without any pre-clicks.
har4har

Post by har4har »

Hi, thanks for reacting. What I do is making Canon photo's, and force the program to use WIC which is quicker than Adobe, so it's making thumbnails. When I click such a file, (preclick as you say) it recognizes the file.

So it's not a real problem, but I ask myself if it's possible to do the pre-click all-at-once.

If it's to difficult, then let it how it is.....
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

I would not be difficult to fix this bug if we are able to reproduce it. So far we can't :( Please send couple of your RAW files (as described at http://www.heliconsoft.com/ftp-server/) BTW, which WIC codecs have you installed?
har4har

Post by har4har »

Thanks Stas. where can I see which WIC-codecs I use please?
madhatter091

Post by madhatter091 »

I am having what sounds like a similar problem. It appears to me that Focus is processing the embedded thumbnails, returning a thumbnail as a finished image. I looked all over for a setting that may be causing this to happen but was unable to find anything. I am using Win7, 64bit, Nikon D300 raw files. My image files would not upload.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Please send couple of your RAW files (as described at http://www.heliconsoft.com/ftp-server/).
madhatter091

Post by madhatter091 »

I am new to all this, so please excuse my ignorance. I have sent three separate emails to support@heliconsoft.com, each email containing a RAW image file.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

I would recommend to install WIC codecs (http://www.heliconsoft.com/wic/) and activate WIC support in Helicon Focus.

Alternatively, you can disable WIC and experiment with other RAW converters (see Menu\View\Preferences\RAW)