Devastation

Juza

Devastation

Post by Juza »

Nikon D70, Nikkor 18-70 at 18, 1/80 f16, iso 200, RAW, tripod.

Post processing : sharpening, 100% of full frame.

In late sixties a sky-lift and some buldings were built on Mt.Bue (Italy). After some years, it failed (I do not know the precise reason, probably there was not enough tourism). Now it has become a debris...a very moody place if you see it in a dark, heavy overcast day as I did.

-

The only post processing that I had to do for this image was sharpening. Unlucky, it created quite bad sharpening halo, in particular in the sky. For now, I removed it manually ;-)

Comments, questions, etc are all appreciated :-)

P.S.(to all who are reading this post) : post your photos!

It will be interesting to share our techniques and to discuss about photography. 8)
Juza | www.juzaphoto.com

[i]May beauty be everywhere around me[/i]
floydgrant

Hi, Juza

Post by floydgrant »

I like your picture very much. I wonder if it would be possible for you to post another copy of the picture before you removed the sharpening halos so we can compare them in that respect. if you can, I would appreciate it. Floyd Grant
Dan Kozub

Post by Dan Kozub »

Juza, we've added option to suppress white halos. I will be available in the next version.
Juza

Re: Hi, Juza

Post by Juza »

floydgrant wrote:I like your picture very much. I wonder if it would be possible for you to post another copy of the picture before you removed the sharpening halos so we can compare them in that respect. if you can, I would appreciate it. Floyd Grant
Hi Floyd,
thanks for the comment :-) , I'll post the other copy next hours.
Juza, we've added option to suppress white halos. I will be available in the next version.
great! 8)
Juza | www.juzaphoto.com

Juza

Post by Juza »

This is crop from the original,not resized, image:

Note : in this crop I applied only sharpening, the colors are still inaccurate (the sky was slightly overexposed, instead in the final image it has its original dark tone - I forgot to say that I adjusted the brightness of the sky to match the actual scene ;-) ) The sharpening halo, anyway, is clearly visible.
Juza | www.juzaphoto.com