beta 6.0.0. file changes reset after retouching

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
wsi

beta 6.0.0. file changes reset after retouching

Post by wsi »

Hi
I have been working today with the new beta for helicon focus. I did a stack with a rose. The stack end product had some artifacts that resembled paths or lines in the image. I used the retouching panel and edit out the items. I save the file a few different ways. I saved via file drop down menu and save the tif file. I save using the retouching save option. In each case the program acted like it saved the file I had been editing but...the file that was saved was the file before any changes were made. I uploaded two files illustrating the problem. wingles directory. files were rose head...

The beta seemed to be working well up until the end.
Bill
Stas Yatsenko

Re: beta 6.0.0. file changes reset after retouching

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Thanks for your report. It will be fixed in the next version.
radiorabbi

Post by radiorabbi »

have been using version 6 the beat version and note the same problem no way to save retouch edits

it is a great application i look forward to the bug fixes

thanks Mike
wsi

Post by wsi »

good evening.
what is the forecast date for the next release? Great software just a few bugs. I like the new beta version but I need a way to make retouching changes stick.
Thanks
radiorabbi

Post by radiorabbi »

we tried the latest Beta release as directed above

results would not Render 40 files 16 Bit tiff from a Nikon D 300 total folder size 2.73 GigaByte
tried a smaller folder from a previous rendering of 990 Megabyte
got an alarm not enough memory and something about setting a 3 gig switch in Windows XP in both cases

we are running windows Vista 64 with 8 gig of RAM

earlier this afternoon we did a successful rendering of a 2.38 Gigabyte folder of 34 shots with the earlier Beta release

going back to the previous Beta copy it rendered the 40 files 2.73 Gigbyte in about 3 minutes

{:-)