Nikon D600

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
jonahmiami

Nikon D600

Post by jonahmiami »

Does Helicon Remote work with the Nikon D600 and if not is there plans for this in the near future.

Also is there any plans for an app for iphone/ipad.

Many thanks

Cheers
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Nikon D600

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Hello,

It will probably not work at this moment, but we expect to issue an update soon that will support D600. There's very little information on this camera yet, but we hope it does support remote control fully, in which case it won't take us long to adjust Remote.
Do you have a D600 already, or only planning to buy? if you have it - give Remote a try, it could work.

Post by Guest »

Will this include the Android app?
mrik

Post by mrik »

seems to work but the liveview is note displayed.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

We believe we have fixed it just now, please send us a bug report (Help->Report a bug) and we'll send our current internal version.
poynder

Post by poynder »

Hi

Just tried it with my Android, apart from the live view it seems to work but of course cannot try all aspects that rely on live view.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Send us a bug report (main menu -> Feedback -> Report a bug) and we'll give you a new APK file to test.
Oregon D600

Post by Oregon D600 »

For what it's worth: My approx. 27 mb D600 NEF files are being downsized to 1.8 mb when I load them into Helicon Focus, and results are unacceptable. Instead of the approximately 90 mb final images I have been getting from compiled D7000 NEF files, the results from the D600 come out below 5 mb!

I have changed nothing in Focus and D7000 images still run as normal, so perhaps some new coding is required? With the original images this D600 is giving me, I can't wait to see full quality Helicon Focus results.

Thanks,
Agiyo
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Low resolution means that Helicon Focus was not able to decompress RAW data and used embedded thumbnail. You can fix this by updating DCRAW module or Adobe DNG converter (see http://www.heliconsoft.com/adobedng.html and http://www.heliconsoft.com/dcraw.html) or by converting RAW files to 16 bpc TIFFs before processing them in Helicon Focus. We plan to support more RAW converters in the coming version.
Manuel Franquelo

Post by Manuel Franquelo »

Hello!
(First of all, i´d like to apologize for my most probable newbie questions or missunderstandings)
I did a test today with my new Nikon D600 , shooting a scene of 15cm (or so) depth, with f9. The software gave me 51 shoots with an interval of 1.
So the first "errors" i encountered were these...

1. The autofocus function of helicon remote apparently does not work correctly... instead i have to disable liveview, autofocus with my camera, and open liveview again -> and save point A. For point B if i disable liveview again, autofocus and open liveview again, the program will not recognize or "remember" point A, so i have to set point B manually.

2. When i open up Helicon focus and automatically focus stack each of the images, the resulting image appears to be missaligned in some minor places and also with some horrible "halos" and blurs... (with blue color aberration).

Am i doing something wrong ?
Thank you
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

1. That is correct as there is no feedback from lens regarding its actual position, which means there's no way to trace position after AF. You should set point A in whatever way you like, then move focus manually with <, <<, <<< / >>>, >>, > buttons and set point B.

We're looking into the AF problem.

2. Are you shooting in M mode? Also, the number of shots seems too high. Set the "Auto" checkbox and/or use DOF calculator to figure out the necessary number.
Manuel Franquelo

Yes im shooting in M mode..., and the auto checkbox is checked. i´ll try using the DOF calculator.
Thank you for the support!
Regards
Manuel Franquelo
Manuel Franquelo

Any ETA on when will the D600 work as intended on helicon remote ?
Thank you
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Autofocus is fixed but we didn't release a new version yet. Please send us a mail to heliconsoft@gmail.com, specify which operating system you're using, and we'll send you the update.

Do you still have problems with low quality of focus stacking result? it most likely means that focusing step you're using is too large, try adjusting DOF calculator's correction factor as described here: http://www.heliconsoft.com/focus/help/e ... ION_FACTOR