helicon remote on smart phone

Helicon Filter: Want new feature? Suggest it here

Moderator: Stas Yatsenko

daavidfischer

Re: helicon remote on smart phone

Unread postby daavidfischer » 29.10.2012 09:46

It has been sometime since your last post so I am wondering if the Helicon Remote for Android is up and running? I believe you can use a USB host on the latest smartphones that are available in the market now. I am able to use it on tablets but the smartphone version would be simply cool.

David Fischer

Stas Yatsenko

Unread postby Stas Yatsenko » 29.10.2012 13:46

Hello David,

The current version of Helicon Remote for Android supports tablets and phones alike. The requirements are USB host and Android 4.

dennishh

Unread postby dennishh » 26.12.2012 00:55

Works great with the Samsung Galaxy Note . The Nexus 7 would be perfect for you.

joshuairl

Unread postby joshuairl » 06.02.2013 17:22

Why not use a client / server type configuration?
The HeliconRemote for Mac, Windows, Linux would be the host...
And then just use network location services (like Bonjour) and / or IP address in the mobile app that would then stream the video to the app from your host machine.
It would also allow settings changes, auto focus, etc.

Then you wouldn't need interface to the phone... just a USB cable to the computer to the camera.

Stas Yatsenko

Unread postby Stas Yatsenko » 08.02.2013 11:33

We're working on it right now. Any Mac OS / Windows / Linux computer or Android device with USB will be host, any other device that can run Remote and has wi-fi/cable network connection can be a client (iOS client also coming).

Diego

Unread postby Diego » 23.03.2013 01:02

Hello

I tried Helicon Remote app in OSX and this is wonderful. I wish to do it with my iPhone on the field. I found in eBay the following adapter:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/30pin-USB-Conne ... 3a7cfc685e

So, I can connect my camera to my iPhone with this accessory and the camera cable. I wonder if you could do an application for iPhone which work with this kind of connectors.

Thank You for you response.

Stas Yatsenko

Unread postby Stas Yatsenko » 25.03.2013 14:39

Hello,

We've tried to make such an app, turns out it's impossible. There is a so called camera connection kit which contains a similar adapter for Apple devices (the one you've listed is for Samsung Android devices, so won't work with iPhone), but only Apple aplication can connect to the camera. USB interface is not exposed to third-party applications, Apple decided not to make it available.

JohnK

Unread postby JohnK » 03.08.2013 17:33

I just asked Helicon to create an App that would let me use the CamRanger on my Ipad and other devices. The stacking software CamRanger provides isn't as good as Helicon Remote. Like you I don't want to carry my computer in the field. CamRanger is wireless. CamRanger is expensive but I'm having such great results with Focus Stacking that I'm willing to pay the price.

Stas Yatsenko

Unread postby Stas Yatsenko » 05.08.2013 14:59

We've just released a new version with support for Nikon and Canon wi-fi modules. As for Camranger - we'll see about that, can't say anything yet.

ashleyco

Unread postby ashleyco » 05.09.2013 10:40

I tried Helicon Remote app in OSX and this is wonderful.

Return to “Helicon Filter: Suggestions and improvements”