Android App Again

Helicon Filter: Want new feature? Suggest it here

Moderator: Stas Yatsenko

dennishh

Android App Again

Unread postby dennishh » 02.09.2012 22:03

I've been using the android app quite a lot lately and can say it works fantastic with both my Nexus 7 and Galaxy Note. My latest request is that you allow Helicon remote to operate when using a manual focus lens on the Canon 5DMK2. I was using a 35mm Pentax FA with my Canon and was unable to use the program. I wanted to use Helicon remotes capability of controlling time between flashes when shooting an exposure bracket using studio strobes. I had the idea of manually picking the focus points and letting Helicon remote do the bracket for each one. Helicon remote would act as camera trigger letting me choose the ISO, color space, and exposure bracketing. This would give it an expanded usage besides focus stacking.
Thanks,
Dennis

Stas Yatsenko

Re: Android App Again

Unread postby Stas Yatsenko » 03.09.2012 10:08

Dennis,
Thank you for the suggestion. How does it not work with MF lens, though? It should be allowing you to do what you want. If it shows you an error message - please send us a bug report.

dennishh

Unread postby dennishh » 04.09.2012 18:01

When I was using it with my studio strobes I just assumed it wasn't working properly because it wasn't triggering my flashes, I must be doing something wrong because the desktop PC version also won't trigger my flash. Canon EOS utility does sink the flash just fine. I'm using have 5DMK2 with pocket Wizard. Both utilities will take images but not triggering the flash. Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?
Thanks,
Dennis

dennishh

Unread postby dennishh » 05.09.2012 00:47

I have found the problem! My camera went out for cleaning at Canon and they were so nice to reset all my settings. The one I missed was silent shooting, it was sent to silence so I disabled it and like magic all the functions of Helicon soft android app worked perfectly. I can use live view and the flash fires just fine usingthe delay setting to let the strobes recycle.

Stas Yatsenko

Unread postby Stas Yatsenko » 05.09.2012 10:20

Thanks for the information!

jhoncarlos

Unread postby jhoncarlos » 18.02.2013 14:21

I must be doing something wrong because the desktop PC version also won't trigger my flash. Canon EOS utility does sink the flash just fine.\
http://www.easybabyshopping.com

Return to “Helicon Filter: Suggestions and improvements”