Which version of HF do I have?

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
MicroYeti

Which version of HF do I have?

Post by MicroYeti »

I downloaded the Helicon trial version a month or so ago and am considering buying it (once I've tested it with a microscope I hope to have soon), but which version do I have, or indeed need?

Certainly I have (and need) the Pro version as I'm (happily) using the Remote portion.

Do I have, and do I need, the Pro-X64 version? I'm running Windows-7 64-bit, but I've no idea if I'm using the Helicon Processing Server. I can't see anything obvious in Task Manager, but then I don't really know what I'm looking for.

Brendan
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Which version of HF do I have?

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Trial version is equivalent in functionality to X64 license. You can disable 64 bit server to compare performance. Normally, X64 license is needed if you plan to process images above 50 Mpixels.
MicroYeti

Post by MicroYeti »

Stas Yatsenko wrote:Trial version is equivalent in functionality to X64 license. You can disable 64 bit server to compare performance. Normally, X64 license is needed if you plan to process images above 50 Mpixels.
Stas -

Is that a single image of 50 MPix or a combined total of 50 MPix?

The "use 64/32 bit processing server" checkbox is greyed out so I can't turn it on to check for any performance improvement.

Brendan
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

50Mp for single image is meant. "32/64 server" option is only available in X64 or trial mode. You can test this option on other computer where trial period is not yet over.