partial import from Lightroom

Shooting in macro mode, techniques, tips & tricks
stacker

partial import from Lightroom

Post by stacker »

I'm using HeliconSoft for image stacking as a vistor at a University lab. I've used in the past and it worked fine but recently only some of the images are imported from Lightroom and there arent that many. I'll run the camer and get about 20 images, but only 10 or so will import with the result that only part of the final image is in focus. A message pops up showing the files that were not imported, but there's no explanation or helpful information to go with it. I'm not experienced enough with it to diagnose the problem, and staffing here is short and there aren't many people here who use it either. Any ideas how to diagnose this?
stacker

Re: partial import from Lightroom

Post by stacker »

It took a while for this to post and during that time I learned what is causing the problem. Now I just need help in fixing it. For whetever reason Helicon was saving images to the drive reserved for the OS, and that drive was full. So I just need to know how to change the directory where it saves things. Hopefully this can be changed without screwing up some other aspect of the image taking-image stacking process.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Since it is the act of exporting from Lightroom that fails, the problem has to be fixed in Lightroom. I don't know these intricacies of LR operation. Gave it a quick look but didn't see where to change the folder where LR places the files to be exported. It could be the Temp folder, so try moving Temp to another drive in Windows settings. Or maybe just run Disk Cleanup to free up enough space to continue working as before.

Additionally, it will be prudent to go to Helicon Focus settings -> Cache and pick a folder on a different drive as well. But, as I explained earlier, this will not help when it's export from LR that fails.
Leslie

Post by Leslie »

I am not able to complete the export process from LR to Helicon but can import into Helicon from a folder on my desktop. Additionally, the stacked image from Helicon when imported into LR is not complete but rather blurry pixels.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Based on our further communication via e-mail, I'm keen to think the problem is on Lightroom's end, not ours, since none of this happens during standalone Helicon Focus operation, and the plugin is not known to fail this way.
lukemcguire

Post by lukemcguire »

Hello,
I used Zerene Stacker with a Lightroom Plugin a couple of years ago, when I studied Applied Microscopy at the university (Concordia University Chicago). Now, I'm having issues with images, when I export files to Helicon, everything is working perfectly fine, but when I try to import my stacked image back into Lightroom (I'm using Classic CC 8.0).