Blurry Edges

Shooting in macro mode, techniques, tips & tricks
simmsimaging

Blurry Edges

Post by simmsimaging »

I have had this problem with a soft edge all around high-contrast transitions on most of my projects lately. These are from very high res images (10K x 11K pixels). The stack is about 50 shots. Typical stacks have been 20-50 images at this resolution. I have tried a lot of combinations of radius and smoothing and method A and B, but cannot get rid of it.

Any suggestions, or is this just a limitation of the process?

Thanks for any help

b
Attachments
badedge.jpg
(169.47 KiB) Not downloaded yet
badedge2.jpg
(386.37 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Blurry Edges

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Please upload your stack to our server (as described at http://www.heliconsoft.com/ftp-server/) and we will see what is happening.
If you are user of GoogleDrive, DropBox, OneDrive or other cloud service, you can upload your files there and send us a link.
simmsimaging

Post by simmsimaging »

Posted a set of jpg versions and the combined image to a shared Google Drive folder. I will email you the link. Thank you!
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Thanks for the stack. We would recommend to use method C for such cases. Method B works best with objects that can be approximated with continuous surface. Protruding objects and intersections always result in artifact of various kinds. Remember that you can combine results of method B and method C on the Retouching tab.

You stack also shows artifacts of optical kind. Edge of blurred foreground object becomes semitransparent when the focus moves to backward image. The only way to minimize such effect is to make aperture smaller.
simmsimaging

Post by simmsimaging »

Thanks for taking a look. I will try with method C.