Image depth

Shooting in macro mode, techniques, tips & tricks
KeithyD

Image depth

Post by KeithyD »

Think I must be missing something. Just got the trial version of Focus and will certainly be purchasing but I have just done a trial run using an old PCB as the subject. Having defined the start and end focus points, taken the shots and used Helicon Focus to render them, I find that the final image is missing the furthest focus point area. Approximately one third of the image is missing from the rendered output (right hand window)yet it is all visible in the left hand window. Is there a limit on the image depth for rendering?
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Image depth

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

There is no limitation on number of image or depth of field. Most probably your lens takes smaller steps than expected or misses some of the steps. I would recommend to set larger pause between steps and go from A to B points back and forth several times. Check that focus does not drift to camera or to infinity.

If you have Canon camera, put your ear to the lens and listen to the step sounds. They should be regular.
KeithyD

Re: Image depth

Post by KeithyD »

Thanks for the advice, Stas. I have now purchased the Focus Premium package so will experiment further.