My first settings in Macro

Shooting in macro mode, techniques, tips & tricks
Giorgio PAPARELLE

My first settings in Macro

Post by Giorgio PAPARELLE »

Hello guys.
I discoverd Helicon Focus few time ago, I tried other softwares but HF seem to be the best one.
I'm making some tests on a couple of flowers, to understand how things work.
Here's a first macro using the Method C, the one that seem to give the better result, at least in this particular case. This method seem to "fade" a bit of contrast but I can easily catch it back with Cs6.
The edges are sharp, I only increased the radius a bit more.
I see some defaults here and there but I think it depends on me, not on Helicon: on my D700 I shot mirror up, but I was too lazy to get the digital remote, so I surely put some vibrations somewhere.
I didn't shoot with Helicon Remote because it seems to be, at this moment, that I can have a better control on the depth of field manually; but once again, this is my beginning, so I'll take my time to learn.
9 pictures stack...
Attachments
2014-03-22 M=C R=39 S=4_cs6.jpg
2014-03-22 M=C R=39 S=4_cs6.jpg (208.2 KiB) Viewed 6130 times
Stas Yatsenko

Re: My first settings in Macro

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

You will need Helicon Remote for deeper stacks. Sometimes you will need 50 and more images in one stack and Helicon Remote is a great help in such cases.
Giorgio PAPARELLE

Re: My first settings in Macro

Post by Giorgio PAPARELLE »

Stas Yatsenko wrote:You will need Helicon Remote for deeper stacks. Sometimes you will need 50 and more images in one stack and Helicon Remote is a great help in such cases.

Yes, you are totally right, but these are my first steps.
And Helicon Remote is really of a great help with a big number of pictures; it would be simply impossible to shoot 50 shots manually with the same degree of precision...