A few problems while stacking images

Shooting in macro mode, techniques, tips & tricks
unrflier

A few problems while stacking images

Post by unrflier »

Hi,

I'm a 4.01 Lite user. I'm trying to stack a series of macro fruitfly images which was taken from a Leica S8 stereoscope using Leica DFC280 digital camera which is attached to the phototube of the microscope. Most of the time I do not have too much problems stacking them, although I still have the halo problem surrounding the edge of objects. But occassionally I have problems as shown in the attached image: some objects are duplicated; some ghost shadow objects. I assume that the "retouch" function of Pro version mentioned in your web may be able to deal with this. However, I can't find the function any where in the software. I would like to try it and will appreciate your help.

Best,

Fruitflier
Attachments
d2-3 w+ mosaic8 stack sample.jpg
d2-3 w+ mosaic8 stack sample.jpg (147.77 KiB) Viewed 16367 times
Dan Kozub

Post by Dan Kozub »

Hello,

It seems that the program was not able to properly align the images. I would try to change autoalignment parameters first.

You would find the retouching functions useful for sure. Please request temporary Pro key from support@heliocon.com.ua (cite this my mail please). Or install the program on a new computer, Pro features are available during trial period.

Danylo
unrflier

Post by unrflier »

Would you tell me where the retouch function is in the manu?
Dan Kozub

Post by Dan Kozub »

In the Lite version you simply do not see Retouching tab.
If you are in trial period or have Pro version, you will see Retouching tab after Parameters tab. It appears together with Save and Text tabs when processing of the source images.

Have you installed the program on some other computer?
unrflier

Post by unrflier »

Yes, I did and have tried it a little bit. I guess I might need some training to learn how to use the retouch function. My first several attempts did not work very well. I have played with the auto alighment setting in the preference too. No luck either. Is there a tutorial which teach people how to deal with these kinds of problems in Helicon Focus?
Dan Kozub

Post by Dan Kozub »

We are working on tutorial now.

Can you send me the problem stack to ftp://web10f6:123456@helicon.com.ua

Please give me more infor what you cannot fix with the retouching brushes.

Best regards,

Danylo
unrflier

Post by unrflier »

I have uploaded the images in a zip file "fly eye stack". Thanks for your generous offer and your time.

Best,

Chi-Yun

Post by Guest »

Thanks, I will experiment with it and let you know about results.
Dan Kozub

Post by Dan Kozub »

I've checked your images. The problem with alighnment was caused by inconsistent file names.

rename file8, file9 into file08, file09. In this case the program will sort the images correctly and you will get much better results
unrflier

Post by unrflier »

Wow,

It does work, like magic. Thank you so much.

Chi-Yun