Recommendations on workflow - Edit RAW in Lightoom first OR do Helicon first

Shooting in macro mode, techniques, tips & tricks

Moderator: Stas Yatsenko

dkfotas

Recommendations on workflow - Edit RAW in Lightoom first OR do Helicon first

Unread postby dkfotas » 22.12.2016 20:44

I was wondering what is recommended re:

- Make changes to the RAW files in Lightroom first (highlights, white balance, blacks, contrast, etc.), synch all files in Lightroom and then export them to Helicon Focus

OR

- First export them to Helicon Focus as TIF's, do focus stacking and bring back into Lightroom as a single processed TIF file and THEN do Lightroom adjustments?

Or any other recommendations?

Stas Yatsenko

Re: Recommendations on workflow - Edit RAW in Lightoom first OR do Helicon first

Unread postby Stas Yatsenko » 26.12.2016 16:54

I would recommend to use the second workflow. With the exception if tiff are in linear color space or are very underexposed. In that case, I would recommend to normalize brightness first.

Glynnr

Re: Recommendations on workflow - Edit RAW in Lightoom first OR do Helicon first

Unread postby Glynnr » 02.01.2017 03:52

dkfotas wrote:I was wondering what is recommended re:

- Make changes to the RAW files in Lightroom first (highlights, white balance, blacks, contrast, etc.), synch all files in Lightroom and then export them to Helicon Focus

OR

- First export them to Helicon Focus as TIF's, do focus stacking and bring back into Lightroom as a single processed TIF file and THEN do Lightroom adjustments?

Or any other recommendations?

When you say "First export them to Helicon Focus as TIF's" is there a specific method for this in Lightroom or do you mean export the images as TIFs and then use those as source files for Helicon Focus?

dkfotas

Unread postby dkfotas » 09.01.2017 21:50

I probably did not use proper terminology Glynnr - I am just trying to figure out what others do when doing stacking in Helicon. Do you first do Lightroom adjustments OR first do stacking in Helicon.

Return to “Helicon Focus: Macro”