Canon and Nikon custom WB presets...

Helicon Filter: Want new feature? Suggest it here

Moderator: Stas Yatsenko

sjobloco

Canon and Nikon custom WB presets...

Unread postby sjobloco » 21.06.2016 15:58

Our lab uses both a Canon 5DS R and a Nikon D800. We also use multiple light sources, so getting our white balance in order can be somewhat tricky. If it's not a big stack, we just shoot RAW and then shoot a white balance card and do it that way, but for larger jobs we make a custom white balance for jpegs to ease up the processing time. I don't think the Canon can store multiple custom white balances, but the Nikon can store up to four. Right now there's just an option for one preset or manual (can't remember which is which for the custom white balance on the Nikon), so every time we change our lighting we need to make a new preset/custom white balance. I don't know how difficult it would be, but I know we would appreciate an option to choose between multiple, stored presets. Just a suggestion.

Thanks!

P.S. I just got a new workstation for our image processing, with an eight core, sixteen thread processor. I was pleased to see Helicon Focus utilize all threads equally! Very nice work!

Stas Yatsenko

Re: Canon and Nikon custom WB presets...

Unread postby Stas Yatsenko » 22.06.2016 14:43

By custom presets, do you mean something like a list of custom-named aliases for WB temperature settings? That's the only way I can think of that's reasonably easy to implement.

P. S. There's no hard limit on how many CPU cores Helicon Focus will utilize so you may expect it to work equally well with the future multi-core CPUs, too.

Return to “Helicon Filter: Suggestions and improvements”