Can we have more brightness control points?

Helicon Filter: Want new feature? Suggest it here

Moderator: Stas Yatsenko

Anthony

Can we have more brightness control points?

Unread postby Anthony » 24.02.2015 00:08

I wish that Helicon Filter provided at least 3 times as many control points on the Brightness Management curve and equalizer. I often have 16 bit TIFF micrographs of white microgastropods that have dynamic ranges of 1/4 or less of the entire brightness spectrum. Essentially a middle-gray image with different amounts of gray shadowing representing the shell's sculpture. The control points in HF are so broadly spaced that the dynamic range of my subjects can be the width of a mere 3 control points, and the subject's brightness midpoint never aligns with a control point, so that my adjustments to the control curve don't pivot around the subject's midpoint. More control points, and/or giving the user the ability to place control points along the Management curve whereever the user choses would be useful for me.

Stas Yatsenko

Re: Can we have more brightness control points?

Unread postby Stas Yatsenko » 25.02.2015 13:06

Ok, we will see if we can implement this. More points makes the handling of the curve much more difficult.

mgordeeva250

Unread postby mgordeeva250 » 13.10.2016 18:36

Hi, I wanted to know if in the end this feature was implemented in the program or not? Thanks!

Stas Yatsenko

Unread postby Stas Yatsenko » 17.10.2016 13:36

Sorry, it is not implemented. Helicon Filter is designed to handled normally exposed images in gamma corrected color space. Adding too many points will create difficulties to users with normal images.

Return to “Helicon Filter: Suggestions and improvements”