My First Impressions

Helicon Filter: Want new feature? Suggest it here

Moderator: Stas Yatsenko

JBPhoto

My First Impressions

Unread postby JBPhoto » 16.02.2007 05:18

Hi, I have been trialing HFilter just a few days now (in the last of the quiet time before to rush hits us :) and am very impressed with the functionality this tool could offer us. We own and run a photographic business in Australia and photograph schools, sports, portrait, and commercial (phew) and the nature of much of our work means many images require similar corrections and a smooth, simple workflow. We print all our own work on our Noritsu digital lab.
I find HFilter mostly intuitive (altho some things are not which can trip up a little - note my post regarding batching images) in a few more days I will probably have a handle. It is a much lighter program to load than PS and altho I have not tried it on the laptop I am sure its smaller footprint will make it quite portable.
I prefer its use as a raw converter to the Canon offering, and have never quite got into the raw workflow before (for most work we set accurate exposure and WB and shoot jpg - RAW mainly for tricky lighting or less controllable situations). I am not sure HFilter will work so well for hilight recovery tho as it is converted from RAW before the exposure settings can be applied.
to be continued...

Return to “Helicon Filter: Suggestions and improvements”