Is live preview exact?

Helicon Filter: Want new feature? Suggest it here

Moderator: Stas Yatsenko

Ariel

Is live preview exact?

Unread postby Ariel » 28.01.2007 05:34

Often, when I right-click an image in various tabs to compare it to the original, it seems that the images are somewhat duller than the exact original (yes, keeping in mind that the image has been changed), perhaps displayed with jpeg compression? Is this the case?

In the resize tab, the image doesn't show effects of the resizing. Furthermore, while rotating in that tab, the image looks jagged. Can this be fixed?

In the Frames tab, the image looks dramatically lower in quality than it really is, and can throw people off. Is there a way to make it look proper?

In many tabs, the image doesn't show the effects of previous tabs, even though when processing, the other tabs are all applied. Is this going to be fixed? (Without the long reprocessing?)

P.S. Instead of a square RED bar showing while processing, how about a nice, broken (in blocks), rounded g r e e n or b l u e bar?

Dan Kozub

Unread postby Dan Kozub » 28.01.2007 12:39

Ariel,

Thanks for suggestions. Many filters (tabs) work with downsized copies of the original image for performance reasons. I will check if it is possible to optimize the quality without loosing the speed. I would appreciate the sample image on which degradation is noticable.

Ariel

Unread postby Ariel » 28.01.2007 19:28

As I've said in the past, Picasa is able to work with, scroll through, edit, and rotate (seemingly) full quality files at lightning speed. Maybe Helicon Filter as an inefficient element in the program causing it to be slow. BTW, for transitions between one image and another (like in the slideshow, source tab, reprocessed image from original), maybe if the new image would fade in quickly (under half a second) over the other one, the program would have a nicer "feel" to it.
P.S. In the source tab, if one clicks twice on a different image than selected (from the right-side bar), it should not load that image and then load the one who's thumbnail would be in the position of the image clicked after that image moves to the center of the bar.

Dan Kozub

Unread postby Dan Kozub » 28.01.2007 21:51

I let our programmers check what can be done. Thanks for remarks.

Return to “Helicon Filter: Suggestions and improvements”