two ideas regarding "color balance" and "save

Helicon Filter: Want new feature? Suggest it here

Moderator: Stas Yatsenko

lutz

two ideas regarding "color balance" and "save

Unread postby lutz » 17.01.2007 09:03

Thanks a lot for the new version 4.5! It looks very good.

Some crazy ideas regarding:

Color balance
There are some tools which can adjust the color balance based on several reference points (not only one at a time). Presumably the color balance data are integrated or in some cases apparently adjusted individually according to tonal range. Some tools also offer the options to adjust automatically according the average of the complete image.
( http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read. ... e=20425076 )
( http://www.atncentral.com/download.htm# ... gital_GreY).

Save tab
I would find a "Strength/Transparency" slider control in the save tab very interesting. It would allow essentially a final review of all enhancements and a mixing of the enhanced image with the original, perhaps reducing the effects or eventually even strengthening. A combined "erase changes/apply changes" brush working on the finalized image (not limited to the retouching tab) could also be very useful here.

Dan Kozub

Unread postby Dan Kozub » 17.01.2007 10:22

WB: color space is 3D. Right now we shift this space along one axis. I had an idea to add the possiblitiy to set WB separately for highlights, midtones and shadows.

Save tab: too hard to implement, sorry. if the effect is too strong, you can switch back to filter and fix it.

lutz

re

Unread postby lutz » 17.01.2007 11:18

Dan Kozub wrote:Save tab: too hard to implement, sorry. if the effect is too strong, you can switch back to filter and fix it.

Hello Dan,
of course one could go back and re-work. This part of the suggestion would be mere convenience. An extension of the undo-brush function would perhaps be very useful.

Perhaps the suggestions would complicate HF unnecessarily or are not interesting anyhow , etc. - but a transparency adjustment is available in many plugins (even free ones; obviously they are simpler). Although I do know nothing about programming, I cannot imagine that this would be a problem for Helicon (HF is mixing and merging images already).
No worries, workarounds are easy with external programs.

Return to “Helicon Filter: Suggestions and improvements”