"defuse" the reset button?

Helicon Filter: Want new feature? Suggest it here

Moderator: Stas Yatsenko

lutz

"defuse" the reset button?

Unread postby lutz » 27.04.2006 08:56

Maybe it is a personal problem but I have lost my image adjustments several times (in not so bright moments) by hitting the reset button accidently. This happens to me especially during retouching when it is most annoying.

The reset button is located in a place where in most applications the undo button resides and it looks similar too. But instead of undoing a single step it cleans out all adjustments. If you are using HF half asleep as I sometimes do, this causes problems.

best regards

Dan Kozub

Unread postby Dan Kozub » 27.04.2006 09:23

I agree with you.

1. if you clicked reset button on the retouching tab, you still can save all the settings by dragging the unde slider to 100%.

If you clicked Reset on the main toolbar, this will not help.

2. Do you think we should add something like "Are you sure?".
Another idea was to make it red instead of currect green.

lutz

"Are you sure?"

Unread postby lutz » 28.04.2006 20:34

An "Are you sure?" question would be fine with me and certainly helpful ( although sometimes they are annoying in some other programs). But I do intentionally use the reset button only very few times.

Or a Zero as a new icon?

maybe other HF users can voice their ideas?

Dan Kozub

Unread postby Dan Kozub » 28.04.2006 22:40

I will think how to make it not too annoying. Maybe ask the question only if retouching was used?

Or do not ask question if the settings were inherited from the previous file and were not edited by the user. Otherwise ask for confirmation.

btw, 4.25 version is out :)

Unread postby Guest » 01.05.2006 07:50

Or do not ask question if the settings were inherited from the previous file and were not edited by the user. Otherwise ask for confirmation.

This suggestion sounds very user friendly.

btw, 4.25 version is out :)

Return to “Helicon Filter: Suggestions and improvements”