First Impressions

Helicon Filter: Want new feature? Suggest it here

Moderator: Stas Yatsenko

letponys

First Impressions

Unread postby letponys » 14.03.2006 04:01

I've been comparing raw converters for my KM 5D and Panasonic FZ30 and downloaded your software after reading about it on DP Review.

I think (in my opinion) you have the second best workflow of any converter I have tested ( RawShooter has best I believe). Since I do most of my raw conversion on a laptop, I wish you could speed up re-draw of the image when moving from tab to tab.

It would be nice to have the choice of displaying rgb histogram as well as luminance.

The Help panel is a great tool. I found myself using it quite a lot as I was learning your product. It would be nice if you could provide the web help as a downloadable pdf file to use as a workflow reference. I'm a little old fashioned and I like to actually read a real paper manual.

It would be nice to have high pass sharpening as an option on the sharpening tab. I think the sharpening map will be a useful tool when I learn how to use it.

All of the available options make it an attractive option to Photoshop/PSP for many of my photos. One valuable addition would be a simple layers capability in the re-touch tab.
KM 5D
Panasonic FZ30
Fuji E550

Dan Kozub

Unread postby Dan Kozub » 14.03.2006 16:05

Thanks for feedback. We know our weak points and I hope to make it better soon.

version 4.20 is coming, i hope you will like it

Return to “Helicon Filter: Suggestions and improvements”