Why no zoom in brightness and colors mode?

Helicon Filter: Want new feature? Suggest it here

Moderator: Stas Yatsenko

trondeh

Why no zoom in brightness and colors mode?

Unread postby trondeh » 10.04.2005 21:23

I feel I have too little control when I am not able to zoom in and inspect the effect of the settings for brightness and colors. Are there any reason why the zoom function is disabled in these modes? I would strongly recommend having this option!

Best regards
trondeh

Dan Kozub

Unread postby Dan Kozub » 10.04.2005 21:54

Well, there are some reasons to disable zooming.

We want to keep preveiw fast. Fit-in zoom on colors mode uses smaller version of the image, not the original, which can be very large.
We can't zoom this smaller image.

If you want to check some are of the image, you can do this on the Noise reduction tab, for instance.

trondeh

I don't buy that argument

Unread postby trondeh » 11.04.2005 08:58

This is really not good enough! It is really not the same as seeing the changes in real-time. I do think you should reconsider this. If performance is an issue, why not keep it within 25%50%/100% steps of the original size?

Regards
trondeh

Mimot

Unread postby Mimot » 07.11.2005 13:15

Dan Kozub wrote:Well, there are some reasons to disable zooming.

We want to keep preveiw fast. Fit-in zoom on colors mode uses smaller version of the image, not the original, which can be very large.
We can't zoom this smaller image.

If you want to check some are of the image, you can do this on the Noise reduction tab, for instance.

This is unfortunately not a solution and I also believe that zoom is usefull, if you have to white balance and choose a little zone to make it precise ! In noise tab you can't access to color parameters. Other RAW converters make this.. why not HF ? Even if it is slow to magnify at 100%, you don't use this feature every time but when necessary it's an important point.

with regards. 8)

Dan Kozub

Unread postby Dan Kozub » 07.11.2005 15:35

hm... I will think how to implement this

Frank

Unread postby Frank » 31.01.2006 23:51

[quote="Mimot"]
This is unfortunately not a solution and I also believe that zoom is usefull, if you have to white balance and choose a little zone to make it precise ! I[/quote]

Another reason: the "brightness" tools are very powerful, so, stretchig to the limits the tones of the image, it is easy to create artifacts, tone inversion and so on.
The fine trimming requires the control of details, much better then perform some (blind) adjustements in one window and go to a different window to verify the results.

With regards
Frank

Return to “Helicon Filter: Suggestions and improvements”