Edit Color in definite zones

Helicon Filter: Want new feature? Suggest it here

Moderator: Stas Yatsenko

amitourlo

Edit Color in definite zones

Unread postby amitourlo » 09.08.2008 11:27

Hello,

Look at the right eye of the marmot on the attached picture. There is a stem of grass passing in front of it but it is still possible to see the eye. The grass seems to be transparent and it seems to be possible to remove that green zone to get the original colors of the marmot. The grass acts like a green filter, the method would consist in selecting the zone that has to be corrected and apply a filter of the opposite color.

The idea would be to be able to select a region in the color tab of HeliCon in order to correct color levels in a definite region only.
But this is maybe be also not the right way to correct my picture...

I wonder if it is already possible to do that in current version of HeliConFILTER or if it could be added into the next version.

Thank you
Attachments
DSC06280_hf_hf.jpg
(216.71 KiB) Downloaded 1698 times

Dan Kozub

Unread postby Dan Kozub » 10.08.2008 19:52

You may try Color brush with some parameters. For example, you can use the color of the neighboring area and preserve original luminance.

amitourlo

Unread postby amitourlo » 12.08.2008 22:26

Ok Dan,

First of all, I tried to manipulate this Color brush.
I selected the region and created a "memory color" with the real color of the animal.
Then I selected the green zone and adapted a mask as you can see on the attachment.
As a result, I have a good correction on the middle of my region but not on the sides. Is it possible to improve that ?
What do you mean by "preserve original luminance" ? May I change some parameters once I have selected my target and memory colors ? I did not manage to do it and the help did help me. ;-)

Furthermore, I noticed 2 problems:
- when I want to create a rectangular mask, I select the first point of the rectangle by left clicking on the picture and then I try to select the second point by the same method. But I have often the small zoom window that appears, which deactivates the mask. I have noticed that it works better when I click longer on the left button for the second point. I do not know if you can reproduce this problem...
- It is complicated to define a proper mask adapted to a complicated region. I had already this problem last year. Will you extend the brush fonctionalities (not only rectangle and circles) ?

Thank you for your help
Attachments
corr01.jpg
corr01.jpg (82.56 KiB) Viewed 5303 times
mask.jpg
mask.jpg (65.89 KiB) Viewed 5303 times

Dan Kozub

Unread postby Dan Kozub » 14.08.2008 13:43

I've played a few minutes with your sample and this is my version:

http://mob.heliconphotosoft.com/87468378.html

I've used color brush (preserve original brightness), then brighness brush (with haze removal), finaly clone brush with 30-60% intensity.

amitourlo

Unread postby amitourlo » 14.08.2008 20:57

Thank you , the result is quite impressive.
In fact, I noticed that I was working in the wrong tab. I did not think to use the retouching tab...
The color brush tool is very powerful; the only problem is just to get the right color with the color picker. Maybe you could had a function for the picker to compute the mean color of a zone of pixels and not only a single pixel...
I will try to get the same result than you but that is challenging !
If you want to have the original picture to correct it and put it in your gallery of examples, just ask me.

Return to “Helicon Filter: Suggestions and improvements”