selection tools?

Helicon Filter: Want new feature? Suggest it here

Moderator: Stas Yatsenko

rabbel

selection tools?

Unread postby rabbel » 06.03.2008 16:19

olá daniel,
love Helicon. Used it first from inside photoshop in the plugin section but quite soon started working with Helicon as just another program to edit my photographs with. As a rule I prefer to work with Helicon to quickly and professionally edit my shots but, sometimes I have to switch to Photoshop. There's one thing thought which in my opinion could be built into Helicon so to allow me not to have to switch to Photoshop. I mean I would love to have some -at least- basic selection tools in Helicon which would allow me to work on different areas of my photographs. This is something I need to do regularly and I think more people would have this need.
I'm not a technician at all, don't even know if it could be integrated into Helicon but, I would love it!
Abraço,
Willem
willem pieter rabbeljee
são paulo, brasil

Dan Kozub

Unread postby Dan Kozub » 08.03.2008 09:29

Willem,

We are thinking about adding such a tool in the next Helicon Filter v.5. Still, it is quite difficult!

rabbel

Unread postby rabbel » 08.03.2008 15:47

...great Daniel, whatever the outcome will be. I'm looking forward to version 5 anyway! But I do agree with many comments: do not make the program too overloaded. The great charm of Helicon is the fact that the program is so balanded, so user friendly and so professional at the same time, aimed just at one goal:getting the best out of our digital photographs. In this it completely differs from Photoshop, fantastic program but not aimed in the first place to photo-editing.
So please let's not overload Helicon: her capability to VERY quickly, VERY user-friendly cover 99% of our photo-editing needs in a professional way should not get lost finally in a sea of Xtra's.
Ah...didn't the great FED and ZORKI's and their wonderful optics not come from this Ukranian area originally? Talking about professionality... :D
willem pieter rabbeljee

são paulo, brasil

mireille

Unread postby mireille » 19.03.2008 22:09

Hello Dan,

Can I make a suggestion about this tool that I would also need ?

I am not sure I would be really clear in english but will try to give you an idea of what I think!
Last edited by mireille on 18.04.2008 09:19, edited 1 time in total.
''Photographier c'est peindre avec la lumière''

Dan Kozub

Unread postby Dan Kozub » 20.03.2008 17:52

Sure! I undestand French very well :)

Return to “Helicon Filter: Suggestions and improvements”