2 improvements for the resize tab

Helicon Filter: Want new feature? Suggest it here

Moderator: Stas Yatsenko

2 improvements for the resize tab

Unread postby amitourlo » 09.08.2012 20:13

In Helicon, it is easy and very nice to define the rotation of a picture with the Horizon tool.
--> Would it be possible to do the same by specifying a vertical line, for some pictures, this would be more useful ?
--> an extended functionality would be to define the Horizon and the vertical so that Helicon can correct automatically the rotation and the perspective...

The second point concerns the format, for example I take a picture in landscape mode with 2 people.
I would like to crop the picture by taking only one person of the picture and I would like to create a format of the picture 4:3 but in vertical mode.
If my picture is originally in landscape mode, Helicon automatically wants a format of 4:3 which is also landscape.
It would be nice to be able to force the 4:3 direction: either horizontal or vertical or other format)
Is my description clear enough ?

Thanks
amitourlo

Re: 2 improvements for the resize tab

Unread postby Stas Yatsenko » 11.08.2012 12:40

You can draw a vertical like, the program will understand this correctly. And you can create selection in both landscape and portraits mode, the program switches selection between this modes when you move mouse.

As to the suggestion about two lines, this is a good idea for special filter in the Toolbox tab. Resize tab is already overloaded with controls and we do not want to add more information there.
Stas Yatsenko

Return to Helicon Filter: Suggestions and improvements