Big files

Report bugs and get support here

Moderator: Stas Yatsenko

Jost von Allmen

Big files

Unread postby Jost von Allmen » 08.08.2007 22:03

I'm very interested in purchasing Helicon Focus, but am a bit disappointed about the fact, that the current version I'm evaluating (V.4.16) doesn't seem to be able to process my Phase One P45 files. Obviously they're very large (225MB TIF each / 16 bit), but I keep getting error messages "Not enough memory" although I got 4 GB of RAM (Win XP) and my task manager shows plenty of that available, as no other applications are running.
If I convert the files to 8 bit and downsize them considerably (50 MB each), I get very good results!
The software also often complains about files not beeing of equal size, although they're absolutely identical.
If Helicon Focus managed to process these large files, there would be a huge market in the medium format digital market, as so many photographers are looking for solutions to increase depht of field with those high resolution backs.
Unfortunately my trial period is over now, so files can only be saved in a very small size.
Is there hope for an updated version to solve the problems?
Jost von Allmen
Photographer
Switzerland

Dan Kozub

Unread postby Dan Kozub » 09.08.2007 16:20

Jost,

There is newer 4.20 version on our server, you can test it. The problem is that Win application cannot use more than 2Gb even if you have 4Gb installed.

Dan Kozub

Unread postby Dan Kozub » 28.08.2007 21:54

We are now preparing newer version which should consume less memory.

Unread postby Guest » 29.08.2007 18:03

Sounds interesting!
The current version 4.20 still crashes when I use my files from the P45 (TIF 225 MB each), so I'm looking forward to the improved version.

Return to “Helicon Filter: Bugs and Support”